• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Arnica is good for bruises / tried and tested ? prevailed or failed ?

smackcraft

Bluelighter
Ok thought i would post this in EADD since we rarely venture out of our homely section of loving members we all love and care for

so ive been giving my body some loving care after some pain and punishment, punishment i pushed even as far as to the sides of my feet just for a vein ... oh yes smacky you naughty boy !!!

But most brusies were actually on the chest and arms so my dad while on my last mission of highness a few weeks back mentioned "Arnica" which im giving a go just now , last time i ws still way too out of it to tell if it made a difference or not but it got a good write up here

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/arnica-good-bruises/78789

I especially liked this part

In virtually all cases, arnica was the favoured option: while the cream was effective in treating bruises and swelling, the pillules also treat shock and can provide relief faster as there is no need for it to be absorbed through the skin

Reason being is theres a part in the inner side of my elbow crock croch ... wat eva you want to call it that has alot of veins and one mighty big one that gets over used and sometimes because that area gets over used there can be excess fluid build up left behind for a good while , jeysus i remember it once took about 3-4 months for that area with no IV use on it at all during that period to recover , it was like i had this hard rubber inside my arm BUT i need to give another blood test soon and the nurses all know about that vein and how giving it is when taking ample blood tests from me so if they see the excess fluid im done for. The buildup is no where near as bad as it has been in the past like when it took months and months to heal so when reading that article i reopened the tube of Arnica cos i missed that part of my body out all together cos there was no bruise just the swelling so lets hope this stuff lives up to the 16th century travelers reputation and gets me looking good asap , not just that its summer even though with the fucking clouds you cant tell but when they aint there i want my long sleeved t-shirts off and be getting my tan back cos i was freaking out over the past few years as i got whiter and whiter sitting in this room thinking i was ill, seriously ill because i have ALWAYS been a tanned person since i was a kid i would take to the sun in a matter of no time so it was the first time i saw my self looking this way ever in my whole life so of course i was freaking but right enough when i was out in the sun the other week with no bruising to hide i saw colour in me again that has not been there in a long time and was a huge weight of worry released from me cos as i said after being used to seeing ur self all tanned then suddenly like a ghost the para hypochondria inside me was ringing alarm bells

SO has any one else tried this winner cream that is said to beat even injections to help such cases as mine ,if so what did they think of it ? did it work for them or not ?

So you know i am trying the Boots Herbal Arnica Cream, and £3.60 for 30g tube.

Please mods keep this in EADD then move to healthy living if it dies slowly in here

thanks smacky

Last edited:
Reporting after day 1 and just done 2nd application of the cream, im totally shocked at the area i was worried most about where the fluid had stuck , now its gone soft around that area of the main vein and its just the vein its self thats hard , before that would of been weeks before the surrounding area got the way it is now

the bruising is defo healing, u know how it gets worse before it gets better well its done about 3 days worth of changing colour over night i would say

i hope it continues this way and my good inner arm vein softens quickly too

Arnica has always worked well on bruises for me, when I've remembered to use it .....

It works great, especially on places you need to heal fast like hickeys

Right, well we've kept this thread in EADD for the best part of thirty-six hours and it's hardly taken off over here. So as per the OP's request I'm moving it to Healthy Living.

Can't promise it'll stay there but if you're going to get a decent response anywhere then it's HL. Which is probably where it should have been posted to begin with, or (at a push) in the heroin social availability threads if you insist on a European perspective.

To be brutally honest I think this thread is pretty pointless anyway. Just typing 'Arnica' into the search engine will give you as much information as you need, not that it's all that apparent what your questions actually are.

Anyway, hope this helps. Apologies to the Healthy Living mods if their forum is the wrong place but I'm merely carrying out a member's wishes. For once. :)

Last edited:
My mum used to put crushed arnica leaves in my diapers when I had a raw bum as a baby. Worked like a charm, but I dunno about real bruises, it's been a while :)

it seems to be speeding the process to me , you know how usually a bruise thats a really dark brown redish colour well usually with me that will stay forover a week its just been days and that has toned down to a light yellowish colour and some places a slight pink instead of a deep red

The swelling hasnt really changed much since the first 2 days , it did reduce it at first bust seems to be as good as it gets because its just the vein its self thats hard soi guess it has worked by softening the surrounding areas